Summer is all about having FUN, and at ASK Resource Center we want to make it easier for Iowa kids with disabilities to access all the summer fun their hearts desire! Whether your family is planning a “stay-cation”, a sight-seeing road trip, or a vacation to Disneyland, planning is an essential component for a smooth-sailing summer. Our annual list of Iowa Summer Camps is here to help by offering travel planning tools and information about the various summer programs and activities available across the state!
Check out these helpful resources as you prepare your child for summer camp!
- Sending Your Child with Special Needs to Camp www.kidshealth.org/en/parents/finding-camp-special-needs.html
- Time Away Preparation: Printable Worksheets www.cshcn.org/planning-record-keeping/time-away-preparation-worksheets
- A Comprehensive Guide to Special Needs Travel www.friendshipcircle.org/blog/2012/07/20/a-comprehensive-guide-to-special-needs-travel
- Tips for Family Road Trips with Kids with Special Needs www.kidcompanions.com/tips-for-family-road-trips-with-kids-with-special-needs
- Discover Camp: Sending Your Child with a Disability to Camp for the First Time www.nchpad.org/discover/preparing/index.html
- ADA Q&A from PACER Center www.pacer.org/publications/adaqa/summer.asp
- Ten Tips for Traveling with Special Needs Kids www.myfamilytravels.com/node/11177