Summer is all about having FUN, and at ASK Resource Center we want to make it easier for Iowa kids with disabilities to access all the summer fun they desire! No matter your child’s age or ability, planning is an essential component for a smooth-sailing summer. Our annual list of Iowa Summer Camps is here to help by offering travel planning tools and information about the various summer programs and activities available across the state!
Check out these resources to help you and your child prepare for summer activities!
- Finding a Camp for Your Child with Special Needs www.kidshealth.org/parents/finding-camp-special-needs.html
- Printable Resources to Prepare for Time Away From Home www.cshcn.org/adolescent-transition/planning-time-away-from-home-for-teens-with-special-needs
- Recreation and Travel Tips for Parents of Children with Complex Medical Needs www.complexchild.org/caregiving/recreation-and-travel
- Comprehensive Guide to Special Needs Travel www.friendship-circle.org/blog/2012/07/20/a-comprehensive-guide-to-special-needs-travel
- Travel Tips for Families of Kids with Special Needs www.kidcompanions.com/tips-for-family-road-trips-with-kids-with-special-needs
- Sending Your Child to Camp for the First Time www.nchpad.org/dis-cover/preparing/index.html
- ADA Q&A from PACER Center www.pacer.org/publications/adaqa/summer.asp
- Ten Tips for Traveling with Special Needs Kids www.myfamilytravels.com/node/11177